Τετάρτη 4 Μαΐου 2011

2011 Greek National Champion interview


Congratulations for your success how do you feel about your win?Is there anybody you would like to thank?

Thank you very much! I feel very happy and when I look at my trophy I cant believe that it says 1st place .I always wanted to do well in a big event like nationals. Also,I am lucky because I am the 1st person in Europe  to have a librarian !I would like to thank  my friends from Thessaloniki who travelled  with me and supported me and to Michael Ciplak because he helped me with my main  and side deck.




Ok now.A few words about your list and why it was better than other GK lists?


My list! Hehe.When I took a look at Ciplak’s list from the ycs with the  2 rite of the spirit I said something like: wtf this card is good!I didn’t like that he was running only 2 necrovalley so I removed  one Commadant for one necrovalley.I test the deck and I realized  that it was very good for the  mirror match.Four days before nationals I gave my deck to abatzidis to test it.I asked him if he had any  problems with valleys and he said  no.Then I told him that I was running only 2 commandants and he told  me that maybe it’s a good idea because he was  never in  need of one!Now about the veilers in the main and the sided royal tributes  .The day before  nats I spoke to  Ciplak and I asked him for his tech and for his side.He told me that the rites were the cards which he  always sided  out and that royal tribute wasn’t very good this format vs gk samurais and dragunities.At first,I thought him crazy,but after thinking about it I asked him if he believes that it is good idea to main 2 veilers in place of royal tributes.He replied<< maybe>>, but I was to  make  the final Decision.So,I took the risk and  mained  the veilers,putting royal tributes in the  side.




Most memorable moment of the tournament?

Easy one .In the  finals I summonned puppet plant and  attack for  game and my friend Christos Boudaloudis gave me his hand.After that I  saw my friends making  some noise!




Besides you,who you think was the best player of the tournament?

The best player of the tournament without a second  thought is my close friend Christos Anestakis.He has the combo  that every duelist needs.Skill and luck.This period,I think he is the most skillfull players. When I defeated him in the top4  I said  don’t worry I will be a National Champion now and he told me<<don’t lose or else I’ll kill you>>




Ok so tell me what are your thoughts on the new Extreme Victory cards,how do you think they will affect the meta?

I haven’t looked at  extreme victory  too much because I spent my time  testing decks.But I know that Reborn Tengu will change the meta!It’s disappointing  that we couldn’t use those cards at our nationals.




Now for the finals question:What are your goals for the future?

I just need to continue becoming better and better at this game!After all,a player is not good if he just tops one event,he is good because he can do it again!


Thank you for your time champ and good Luck in Spain !

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου